Saturday 16 August 2014

7 Steps to Shift the Atmosphere Within for Business People

7 Steps to Shift the Atmosphere Within for Business People


By Vicki Baker

Recommend Article   Article Comments 0   Print Article Share this article on Facebook Share this article on Twitter Share this article on Google+ Share this article on Linkedin Share this article on StumbleUpon Share this article on Delicious Share this article on FriendFeed Share this article on Digg Share this article on Reddit Share this article on Pinterest
Expert Author Vicki Baker
One of the hardest things to admit is that we are our own worst enemy. Have you ever wondered why you aren't as far in your career as you would like to be; or why it seems like you will never receive the promotion or reach your goal? Could it be that you may be holding up your own progress? I know you're saying, "Who me? It couldn't be me! Well I have news for you, it is you!

Let me ask you a few questions, "What opinions from others have you allowed yourself to believe?" More importantly "What have you been speaking over your own self," your "life", and your "career?" What have you released into the atmosphere, that is returning to you negativity in your life? In other words, "What reality have you created? What do you really believe to be true about you? I know you may not have answers to these questions, but just know that death and life are in the power of our tongue. We have to be careful how we speak to ourselves and what we allow ourselves to receive from others.

If you want circumstances to change in your life, and in your career, you must realize it first begins with you. I know this to be true from my own experience, I wanted to promote but intimidation and being insecure kept me from moving forward.

Can I just be real! Listening to others speak about their accomplishments, made me doubt my ability. Many times I was encouraged to put my name out there, but listening to nay-sayers prevented me from pursuing my goal. I was good at my job, but I found myself surrounded with people who were content, so I became content. How could I possibly think that I would get a promotion, when I released in the atmosphere that I was content? I wasn't aware that every negative word spoken released fear instead of faith. You get the picture! I was my own worst enemy.

It doesn't matter what your belief is, the universal principle is the same. What you sow, you will reap. What goes around comes around and what you release in the atmosphere will return back to you. It just is!

I knew if I wanted things to change, then I had to change the way I looked and felt about myself. I had to "shift my atmosphere." So I begin to study and worked on myself, I decided to become a Certified Professional Coach and a Certified Executive Leadership Coach. My passion is to help others who struggle like I did with intimidation and insecurity. Those who spoke negativity into their lives and those who have self-sabotage themselves by allowing the opinions of others people affect how they feel about themselves.

So here are a few tips that helped me transform myself from "here," my past state, to my "there," my present.

1. Take a look at yourself and begin to connect to the spirit within you. We are all spirit beings fearfully and wonderfully made. Start developing yourself from the inside out. Read self-help and motivation books. Listen to motivational speakers. This will help you build the confidence you need to succeed in the workplace.

2. Stop looking at yourself through other people's eyes. Stop thinking and feeling that you are less than. You are more than a conqueror and you can do all things. Believe in yourself.

3. Stop looking to place the blame on someone else for what they've said and how they view you. You are the one who's allowing their opinions to affect you. Always remember that you create your own reality, not people or circumstances around you.

4. Separate yourself from foolishness and foolish people. These people do not want to advance in the company and they don't want you to either. Love yourself enough to release them and let them go!

5. Stop having negative conversations. Don't allow yourself to receive anything negative. The only power negativity has is what you give it. So empower yourself by speaking positive affirmations. Encourage yourself.

6. Surround yourself with people who are like minded like you. People who have a vision and a goal. Form a mastermind group, where you encourage and support each other. Step out on faith. Go for the promotion. Shadow those who are in positions that you desire.

7. Forgive, release and let it go! When you make a mistake, just get it straight and release it. You do not have any more time to waste. Release the people, release yourself and keep it pushing. It really is OK.

You see life has a way of teaching us about ourselves and how the role we play in our current situation affects our purpose and destiny. When we listen and believe what others say about us, it can cause us to come short of our potential.

Some of us have messed up, by speaking death into our own careers. But, now is the time to stop mourning over missed opportunities. You can't continue to dwell on the past, by focusing on what you didn't do and what should have been. You must move forward.

As I stated earlier, just forgive, release and let it go! I know it's easier said than done, believe me it is a process, but very well worth it.

Remember when you "Shift your atmosphere from within," everything outside of you shifts.

I hope what you have read here was helpful.

Please visit my website: http://www.ExecutiveEdgeCoaching.org

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Vicki_Baker

No comments:

Post a Comment